- Consultant, National Demographics Corporation, 2019 – present
- Assistant Professor of Political Science, Los Angeles Valley College, 2019 – 2020
- Adjunct Professor of Political Science, De Anza College, Feb. – Apr. 2019
- Dream Center Coordinator, Cañada College, 2017 – 2018
- Assistant Professor of Political Science, Cañada College, 2016 – 2019
- College for Working Adults Coordinator, Cañada College, 2014 – 2018
- Inquiry Researcher, Academic Committee for Equity & Success, Cañada College, 2016
- Adjunct Professor of Political Science, Cañada College, 2012 – 2016
- Political Science Teaching Assistant, UC San Diego, 2008 – 2010
- University of California at San Diego, Master Degree in Political Science, 2009
- Agnes Scott College, Bachelor Degree in Political Science, Cum Laude, 2005
- Parks, K., Lozada, G., Mendoza, M. & L. García Santos. (2009). Strategies for Success: Border Crossing in an Era of Heightened Security. In Cornelius, W.A., Fitzgerald, D., Hernández-Díaz, J. & S. Borger (Eds.) Migration from the Mexican Mixteca: A Transnational Community in Oaxaca and California. Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner
- “Building an Effective Transfer Pathway for Nontraditional Students,” with Chris Rico. RP Group, Strengthening Student Success Conference, Garden Grove, CA, Oct. 2016.
- “The Effects of Border Enforcement on Migration to the United States: New Evidence from Oaxaca, Mexico.” Latin American Studies Association International Congress, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Jun. 2009.
- “Fair Trade Certification: What’s Behind the Label?” with Peter Gourevitch. Beyond Virtue: Evaluating NGO Monitoring of Social Norms, La Jolla, CA, Mar. 2009.
- “The Effects of U.S. Border Policy on Unauthorized Immigration: New Evidence from Oaxaca, Mexico.” Politics of Race, Immigration, and Ethnicity Consortium, UC San Diego, 2008.
Districting / Redistricting Projects
- Ohlone Community College District
- San Mateo County Board of Supervisors
- Santa Barbara County Citizens Independent Redistricting Commission